(In case you missed out the first one, CLICK HERE!)
The response to my earlier post has been overwhelming, to say the least. The prevailing general consensus on how the current generation is not tuned to reading proved inaccurate in my social circle; at least that is what I could infer from the tremendous response- some were curious about what piqued my interest on a particular topic while others wanted to know when I was going to publish another such list of fascinating reads. Well, it is here and now.
The beauty of the internet lies in the free flow of information that the present world enjoys. Earlier, information asymmetry which could result in lost opportunities and less fulfilling lives has now been replaced with a well-cemented symmetry, thanks to cheap data. What this implies is that the only thing which matters now is our curiosity, our hunger. However.
Unabated information consumption without sparing some time to process and think about it in depth is futile. So while I list down these fantastic thought-provoking reads, make sure you spend some time assimilating all that you learn on the way! (Even I am struggling with this! I would suggest you go for no-data periods, meaning, no internet usage for a few hours every day!)
Finally, here we go!
- Can a burger help solve climate change?
- Reliance: Gateway of India
- My last day as a surgeon
- Steve Jobs: The Next Insanely Great Thing
- What we lose when we hide our smiles behind a mask
- Behind the rush and hush of India’s National Digital health Mission
- The great paradox of peak performance
- Common causes of very bad decisions
- How one man spent 34 years in prison after setting a pair of curtain on fire
- The revolt of the upper castes
- Growth without goals
- Why farmers are protesting against laws which will ‘supposedly’ help them?
- Sizzler and the search for the American Dream
- The days are long but the decades are short
- Leadership in crisis: Why the west needs Plato more than ever?
- Kind vs Wicked Domains: Why sports champions aren’t your success gurus?
- How to pick your life partner?
- Creation Myth
- You would have never believed it
- Why we should bulldoze the business school
I have a small WhatsApp Group and mailing list through which I communicate my latest writings. If you would like to be a part, hit the button below!
One Reply to “Reading List #2 – Article Recommendations”